South West Surgical Training Network - Surgical Management of Ectopic Pregnancy
Category: Training - Training Days/Workshops
Date: September 26th 2014 8:30am until 5:30pm
Location: Learning and Research Building, Southmead Hospital, Brsitol BS10 5NB
Aimed at ST2-3 O&G who wish to gain the requiste skills for management of these patients.
This one day practical course will cover the key elements for laparoscopic management of ectopic pregnancy through short seminars, surgical video demonstrations and practical hands-on sessions.
- Overview of current evidence for management of ectopic pregnancy
- Case based discussions to cover intrepretation of pre-op investigations, pre-op management, role of MDT, selection procedure
- Safety and team working in theatre
- Access techniques and ergonomics of port positions
- Hands on practice of diagnostic laparoscopy and tissue handling skills
- Discussion of various techniques for laparoscopic salpingectomy
- Practical workshops on laparoscoic dissection skills and tissue extraction
- Hands on practice of salpingectomy using endoloops, bilolar electrosurgery and harmonic dissection
- Discussions on results, complications and what to do when things go wrong
Led by Mr Sanjay Vuas and organised by Claire Park, the faculty will include Mark Whittaker, Russ Luker, plus other local clinical experts.
Before 29.08.14 Trainees £250, AHP: £75
After 29.08.14 Trainees £300, AHP: £100
More information and on line booking or call us on 01935 315052